At The Property Lounge we let and manage a variety of furnished and unfurnished properties throughout North West, West and Central London. As members of the Tenancy Deposit Scheme all security deposits are held in a designated Clients Account and are fully bonded.

Our site contains a constantly updated register of rental property. In order to receive a regularly updated list of our available rental properties, please register with us and we will contact you with details of new properties to suit your specified requirements.

For more information or to book appointments to view properties please contact  0208 838 2300 or click here for our latest lettings list.

Tenants Guide

The best recommendation is word-of-mouth. Ask friends, family and colleagues about the areas they live in. Walk around the area that you would like to rent it in and see if you could be happy living there. Also invest in a map of the area!

Please visit The Property Lounge as we are specialist lettings agents. We have membership of  professional organisations such as ARLA which means we employ a minimum of at least one member of staff who holds a suitable industry qualification. We can point you in the right direction and give you honest advice about the selection of properties we have to rent.

Take time on your viewings and always make a list of things that are important to you in a property, this will save you time and will make sure that you will be entirely happy with your new property.

Before you sign the contract, ensure that all relevant appliances have fire certificates, that smoke and carbon monoxide alarms are fitted, and that there is a clear means of escape in case of a fire. The Fire and Furniture Regulations 1988 states that furnishings should be clearly labelled to prove that they meet standards. 

Moving in 
If a property is advertised as “fully-furnished”, it should come with furniture, plus crockery, glassware, cutlery, pots and pans etc. If it is “un-furnished”, expect only the basics, such as carpets and light-fittings. However, provision may differ in different markets, and will depend on what kind of property it is, so be prepared to adjust your expectations.

Check the inventory
This should include everything the landlord has provided for the property. If there is no inventory, contact the landlord or lettings agency as you must draw one up. An inventory should include all items the landlord has supplied; furniture, soft furnishings, crockery, electrical appliances etc. It should also state the condition of each item when you move in. You must check over the inventory, and sign to say you agree that everything in its condition described. The landlord or letting agent must do the same. This is really important, as you do not want to be liable for any damage which is not your fault. Keep a copy safe. 

When you rent a home, you are responsible for arranging your own insurance to cover your personal belongings. The landlord should provide cover for buildings, fixtures and fittings and their own contents. It is worth checking that this is in place. It is your responsibility to make sure that any furniture you bring with you will fit into the rented property: the landlord is not going to be happy if you have to take the window out to get your bed in. Consider putting all non-essential items in storage.

If you have a problem 
Knowing who is responsible for what is vital for cordial tenant/landlord relations. As a rule, landlords have responsibility for the structure of the property, the exterior (such as the roof) and the safety and provision of services including gas, electricity and water. As a tenant, you are expected to behave in a “tenant-like manner”. This means that you must keep your home clean and in good order inside and out, report any breakages of malfunctions immediately, attend to minor maintenance matters such as replacing batteries in smoke alarms, keep the place warm, free from damp and secure, and respect rules about pets, smoking etc. 
Keep copies of all documents such as receipts and estimates for work, and take photographs of damage, damp patches etc for evidence. 
First, approach your landlord or letting agent  in person with your problem, hopefully this will put an end to your problems. If you are not satisfied with the response, then put your complaint in writing. 
If this does not get results, approach one of the trade/regulatory bodies, or the Citizens’Advice Bureau, for advice on alternative dispute resolution. 

Other points of interest
Charges-  You will also be charged a contract fee which will be confirmed on the holding deposit  form. You may also be charged for a credit check and  inventory.
We ask  for a holding deposit (two weeks rent) to secure a property. This will be deduced from the final amount of monies needed to move into the property. 
If the rent is, for example, £300 a week, the monthly rent will not be £1,200 but £300 x 52 weeks = £15600  / 12 months = £1300.
A deposit, or bond, is typically 6 weeks rent in  advance.
Don’t forget to factor in other outgoings: utility bills, council tax and insurance for personal belongings.

Tenancy Deposit Scheme
For more information on the TDS Scheme please click here.

The Property Lounge Ltd is an introducer Appointed Representative of Managing Agents Reference Assistance Services Ltd, under reference 496267 which is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA). See http://www.fca.org.uk/register  for further details.