Added benefits include fantastic storage and parking.
The Property Lounge estate agent covers Queens Park for sales, lettings and management.
As estate agents we carry out valuations for sales and lettings every month giving us an unparalled knowledge of property values in Queens Park.
The neighbourhood near Kensal Green was developed from 1875 and was named to honour Queen Victoria. The open space opened in 1887, located to the north, also shares the name.
During the post-war years, the northern half of Queen's Park had a relatively high proportion of bedsits (one-room rentals) amongst its terraced streets. However, over the past 20 years a large proportion of these multi-occupancy properties have been converted back to single family use. The main shopping streets of Salusbury Road and Chamberlayne Road have fewer convenience stores and more high-value shops and restaurants than previously, a trend that began with the opening of The Organic Cafe restaurant and Worldy Wicked and Wise homeware and gift shop in the mid-90s. Local schools - some of which struggled to attract the children of wealthier local families in the past - are now over-subscribed. House prices have risen accordingly, with the common selling prices for 3/4 bedroom terraced houses to the east of the Park (land values are slightly lower on the west hand side of the park, closer towards Kensal Rise) having recently surpassed £1,400,000, whilst larger 5-7 bedroomed houses overlooking the park on the east side sell for millions. The area is still relatively undiscovered by non-residents, although it is extremely popular for its proximity to central London by direct London Underground link. The area has a well established community, and "almost village atmosphere" in the words of the local residents' association, QPARA
Queen's Park is now managed by the City of London Corporation. It has recently been named a Green Flag Park in recognition of the quality of its services and environment. Facilities in the park include six all-weather tennis courts, a pitch-and-putt course, a pétanque pitch, an ornamental garden, a children’s playground with paddling pool, a children's animal farm and a cafe.
The Property Lounge estate agent covers Kensal Green / Kensal Rise for sales, lettings and management.
As estate agents we carry out valuations for sales and lettings every month giving us an unparalled knowledge of property values in Kensal Green / Kensal Rise.
Kensal Green is a residential area with good transport links to Central London, surrounding neighbourhoods include Willesden Green to the north, Harlesden to the West, Brondesbury and Queens Park to the East and Ladbroke Grove to the south. The names Kensal Green and Kensal Rise are used somewhat interchangeably by non-residents to denote the same neighbourhood, although residents differentiate between the areas based on proximity to the local tube and train stations.
Roughly speaking, the area west of Chamberlayne Road, north of the Harrow Road and south of Kensal Rise railway station is considered Kensal Green while that to the east of Chamberlayne Road and north of the station is considered Kensal Rise. These boundaries are by no means fixed however and some residents are known to use both terms with little regard for geographical accuracy.
Due to the explosion in the London property market and Kensal Green's central location and excellent transport links, large numbers of young professional couples and families with young children, as well as many artists and media sector employees have flocked to the area. This shift has been mirrored by the number of furniture stores, luxury delicatessens, 'trendy' gastropubs that have recently opened on Chamberlayne Road, upmarket restaurants and luxury new developments.
According to relevant statistics from the 2001 census, the area has a very high proportion of young residents (28.4% 25–44 years old) and a very high educational level (30.7% hold a first degree or better).
One of the key reasons that Kensal Green has proved so popular with young professionals in recent years is its excellent transport links.
Kensal Green tube (Zone 2) on the Bakerloo Line is only 20 minutes from Oxford Circus and the West End. London Overground services also operate to London Euston, a journey that takes around 15 minutes.
London Overground (previously known as Silverlink Metro also known as the North London Line) operates out of Kensal Rise railway station and provides regular services to Richmond in the West and Stratford in the East.
Extensive bus services also run from the area, including the No. 18 (Harlesden - Euston), No. 6 (Willesden Bus Garage - Aldwych), No. 52 (Willesden Bus Garage - Victoria Station) and No. 452 (Kensal Rise - Wandsworth Road).
The Property Lounge estate agent covers Kilburn for sales, lettings and management.
As estate agents we carry out valuations for sales and lettings every month giving us an unparalled knowledge of property values in Kilburn.
Kilburn is an area of north west London,. The main thoroughfare running northwest-southeast is Kilburn High Road, part of the modern A5 road which forms the boundary between the boroughs of Brent and Camden. The road dates back to pre-Roman times and is part of the Roman road known as Watling Street. The town of Kilburn has its origins in a 12th century priory on the banks of the Kilburn Brook. Kilburn today is a busy and multicultural London district.
Kilburn High Road originated as an ancient trackway, part of a Celtic route between the settlements now known as Canterbury and St Albans. Under Roman rule, the route was paved. In Anglo-Saxon times the road became known as Watling Street.
The name Kilburn was first recorded in 1134 as Cuneburna, referring to the priory which had been built on the site of the cell of a hermit known as Godwyn. Godwyn had built his hermitage by the Kilburn river during the reign of Henry I, and both his hermitage and the priory took their name from the river. Kilburn Priory was a small community of nuns, probably Augustinian canonesses. It was founded in 1134 at the Kilburn river crossing on Watling Street (the modern-day junction of Kilburn High Road and Belsize Road). Kilburn Priory's position on Watling Street meant that it became a popular resting point for pilgrims heading for the shrines at St Albans and Willesden. The Priory was dissolved in 1536-7 by Henry VIII, and nothing remains of it today.
The Kilburn stretch of Watling Street, now called Edgware Road and Kilburn High Road, was gradually built up with inns and farm houses. However, despite the discovery of a medicinal well in 1714, and the creation of gardens and a fine room to exploit the water, Kilburn did not attract any significant building until around 1819 in the area near St John's Wood.
Between 1839 and 1856 the newsagent and future First Lord of the Admiralty William Henry Smith lived in a house to the west of Kilburn High Road. Much of the area was developed in the last decades of the nineteenth century by Solomon Barnett, who named many of the streets after places in the West Country (e.g. Torbay) or after popular poets of the day (e.g. Tennyson) in honour of his wife.
Kilburn High Road is the main road in Kilburn. It follows a part of the line of the Roman route, Iter III in the Antonine Itinerary, which later took the Anglo-Saxon name Watling Street. This was based on an earlier Celtic route from Verlamion to Durovernum Cantiacorum, modern day St Albans and Canterbury.
Running roughly north-west to south-east, it forms the boundary between the London boroughs of Camden to the east and Brent to the west. It is the section of the Edgware Road (itself part of the A5) between Shoot Up Hill and Maida Vale.
There are three railway stations on Kilburn High Road: Kilburn tube station (Jubilee Line) at its northern end and a little to the south Brondesbury station (London Overground on the North London Line). Approximately 1.25 km (nearly a mile) further south is Kilburn High Road station (also London Overground, on the Watford DC Line). Kilburn Park tube station, on the Bakerloo Line, lies a little west of the southern end of the High Road.
The Property Lounge estate agent covers Maida Vale for sales, lettings and management.
As estate agents we carry out valuations for sales and lettings every month giving us an unparalled knowledge of property values in Maida Vale.
Maida Vale is a residential district in West London between St John's Wood and Kilburn. It is part of the City of Westminster. The area is mostly residential, and mainly affluent, consisting of many large late Victorian and Edwardian blocks of mansion flats.
Developed by the Ecclesiastical Commissioners in the early 19th century as middle class housing, Maida Vale took its name from a public house named after John Stuart, Count of Maida, which opened on the Edgware Road soon after the Battle of Maida, 1806.
In the late 19th and early 20th centuries, Maida Vale was a predominantly Jewish district, and Lauderdale Road in Central Maida Vale contains the 1896 Spanish & Portuguese Synagogue (a Grade II listed building) and headquarters of the British Sephardi community. The actor Alec Guinness was born in this road. The first Prime Minister of Israel, David Ben-Gurion, lived within sight of this synagogue on Warrington Crescent, and the pioneer of modern computing, Alan Turing, was born a few hundred yards further down this same road.
Maida Vale tube station was opened on June 6, 1915, on the Bakerloo Line.
Maida Avenue, Warwick Crescent and Blomfield Road, the streets in the south of Maida Vale overlooking Browning's Pool including the section of Randolph Avenue south of Clifton Gardens are known as Little Venice. The name is believed to have been coined by the English poet Robert Browning who lived here from 1862 to 1887. Browning's Pool is named after the poet, and is the junction of Regent's Canal and the Paddington arm of the Grand Union Canal.
South Maida Vale is one of London's prime residential areas, and it is also known for its shops and restaurants, as well as the Canal Cafe Theatre, the Puppet Theatre Barge, the Waterside Café and the Warwick Castle pub. A regular waterbus service operates from Little Venice eastwards around Regent's Park, calling at London Zoo and on towards Camden Town. Since 1983 the Inland Waterways Association has hosted the Canalway Cavalcade in Little Venice.
Central Maida Vale is characterised by its wide tree-lined avenues, large communal gardens and red-brick mansion blocks from the late Victorian and Edwardian eras. The first mansion blocks were completed in 1897, with the arrival of the identically-designed Lauderdale Mansions South, Lauderdale Mansions West and Lauderdale Mansions East in Lauderdale Road. Others quickly followed in neighbouring streets: Elgin Mansions (Elgin Avenue) and Leith Mansions (Grantully Road) in 1900, Ashworth Mansions (Elgin Avenue and Grantully Road) and Castellain Mansions (Castellain Road) in 1902, Elgin Court (Elgin Avenue) and Carlton Mansions (Randolph Avenue) in 1902, and Delaware Mansions (Delaware Road) and Biddulph Mansions (Elgin Avenue and Biddulph Road) in 1907.
The Property Lounge estate agent covers Mapesbury for sales, lettings and management.
As estate agents we carry out valuations for sales and lettings every month giving us an unparalled knowledge of property values in Mapesbury.
Mapesbury is a residential area of northwest London.
The ward covers parts of the Kilburn and Cricklewood areas. Mapesbury ward is bounded to the north by Dollis Hill ward, to the west by Dudden Hill ward, to the south west by Willesden Green ward to the south by Brondesbury Park ward and to the east by the London Borough of Barnet.
The area formed part of the Middlesex parish and manor of Willesden, which was held by the chapter of St Paul's Cathedral by the time of the Norman Conquest. The manor was divided into eight prebends to support the various members of the chapter. One of these duly gained the name "Mapesbury" after Walter Map, prebendary from 1173–c1192. Willesden Lane was known as Mapes Lane until the 1860s.
Mapesbury remained countryside until the 1860s, when residential development began. By 1875 there were a number of large suburban villas. Four years later the Metropolitan Railway opened its line in the area, and building lots were let for "first class residences". Mapesbury Farm was leased to builders in 1893, and Mapesbury Road constructed in the following year. The main development took place between 1895 and 1905, consisting of brick-built houses with extensive tree planting. In 1982 Mapesbury was designated a conservation area.
Fees applying to all new tenancies from 1st June 2019
We may charge a tenant any or all of the following when required:
Fees applying to all pre-existing tenancies entered before 1st June 2019
We shall continue to apply the charges within the existing tenancy agreement until 31st May 2020.
The asking rent does not include letting fees. Depending on your circumstances and the property you select, the letting agent may also apply the following upfront fees:
Fees maybe charged on per property or per tenancy basis.
All Fees stated are inclusive of VAT (calculated at 20%)
Client Money Protection Provided By ARLA
Independent Redress Is Provided By TPO